COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
The health and protection of our visitors is our top priority. Due to COVID-19, and in accordance with Miami Dade County and Miami Dade College guidelines, MOAD has implemented many changes to make your visit safe and enjoyable. Here is what we are doing to keep you safe during your visit:
- Number of visitors are limited in all spaces to enable social distancing.
- Groups may not exceed more than 6 people, except for family groups.
- Masks or face coverings are required for all staff and visitors (over the age of 2).
- Visitors and staff entering the building will undergo a touchless temperature check at the front door. No entry will be permitted to visitors who show signs of high temperature at or above 100.4°.
- Only one visitor or group at a time will be allowed in the elevators.
- Plexiglas screens are in place at our front desk to provide protective barriers between visitors and staff.
- Hand-sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the Museum and other high-traffic areas of the building.
- The building and high-traffic areas are sanitized thoroughly every day.
- Social-distancing markers and room capacity signage is installed in the exhibition and public spaces of the Museum.
- Complimentary bag check service will be self-service. We are unable to store oversized bags or luggage.
- Visitors must follow directional signage in high-traffic areas of the building. Interactive elements have been changed to state-of-the-art non-touch formats.
- Onsite live public programing and group tours are suspended until further notice.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Wednesday 1:00–6:00 PM
Thursday 1:00–8:00 PM
Friday 1:00–6:00 PM
Saturday 1:00–6:00 PM
Sunday 1:00–6:00 PM
Closed Monday and Tuesday
Admission includes entry to the Museum of Art and Design (MOAD) and MDC Special Collections: the Cuban Legacy Gallery, the Kislak Center, and the Exile Experience. Please note that the MDC Special Collections are closed for renovation.
Seniors and Military (with valid ID): $8
Students (13–17) and college students (with valid ID): $5
FREE for MOAD members; MDC students, faculty, and staff; and children 12 and under.
FREE on Thursdays from 4:00 to 8:00 PM.
Kids & Families
Free Day and Free Family Program
MOAD is pleased to offer free admission from 1:00 to 6:00 PM on the last Sunday of every month.
The museum also offers a free artist-led Family Program from 2:00 to 4:00 PM on the last Sunday of every month. Designed for kids of all ages, the Family Program features hands-on educational activities that explore exhibition themes and material through fun art projects.
MOAD’s Free Family Program is sponsored by the Miami Downtown Development Authority.
Golden Ticket Program for Seniors
MOAD participates in Miami-Dade County’s Golden Ticket program, providing free tickets to the arts for Miami-Dade County senior residents, age 62 and older. To see the array of free cultural offerings, obtain a copy of the Golden Ticket Arts Guide by calling (305) 499-8755 or visiting the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs website.
MOAD is located at MDC’s Wolfson Campus in downtown Miami, inside the historic Freedom Tower at 600 Biscayne Boulevard, across from the American Airlines Arena.
Get custom driving, walking, and public transportation directions on Google Maps.
Museum of Art and Design
Miami Dade College
600 Biscayne Boulevard, Second Floor
Miami, FL 33132
Visitors to MOAD may park for free in the MDC garage at 500 NE Second Avenue, between NE Fifth and NE Sixth Streets (designated G1 in Building 7 on MDC's Wolfson Campus parking map). In addition, there are more than a dozen public parking lots around the Museum. Visit Miami Parking Authority to find parking lot addresses, hours, and rates. Special event parking is occasionally available; for inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miami-Dade Metromover’s Freedom Tower station is behind the Freedom Tower on the corner of Northeast Second Avenue and Northeast Sixth Street. Visit Miami-Dade Transit's Metromover page for a map and more information.
Several bus routes provide service to the museum. Visit Miami-Dade Transit's Metrobus page to view bus schedules, connections, and transit .
The Miami Trolley route offers a nearby stop on Biscayne Boulevard at Northeast Sixth Street. Visit Miami Trolley for a full list of route maps and information.